When I was 16 I went on a European trip with a bunch of other high school kids. When something would go wrong they'd say: It's all part of the experience! Well we had one of those adventures yesterday. We had a 3 hour ferry ride from Wales to Ireland but we knew there has been some storms so we were crossing our fingers for calm-ish weather. Even the captain came in the speaker saying the weather was 'supposed' to cooperate. Except it didn't. There were some massive swells that tossed our boat from side to side. We all took as much Gravol as we could and hoped for the best. As I laid on a bench focused on keeping everything on the inside I chuckled at what I could hear. Not one person was talking except the worker who was offering puke bags and cleaning up after those who didn't get their puke bags in time. There were at least a dozen people throwing up at any given time (some from our family too!). But the best part was the tv channel they chose to have blaring in the background was the Food Network. So the soundtrack to all the throwing up was a man instructing us how to make a spicy vegetable curry.
But we made it! We're here in Ireland to start leg 3. We have a lovely house right on the ocean. We have a little indoor pool. But the best part? Luke's parents are here!
Photos to come ........ (Not of the puke boat though. I opted out of wanting to document that one!)
Wow, what an experience. I am sure land never looked so good. Glad you're safely there.
ReplyDeleteHurrah for family! Just what you need after an 'it's all part of the experience day'. (or any day parenting small children, actually).
ReplyDeleteOh dear, well at least from us Dubbeldam's experience of holidays, there's almost always someone throwing up. Now it's a true holiday. Glad you're safely in Ireland, and that mom & dad made it too! Enjoy that pool, looks amazing in the pictures dad showed us. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you all lived through that horrendous ferry ride. How did Josie fare? So glad that the house and pool we're waiting your arrival. I can imagine how excited the kids were to jump in. We're so happy that Peter and Thelma arrived safely...just a little bit jealous too :)
ReplyDelete