Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Wrapping up Budapest

We have truly loved our time here in Budapest.  Our location was fantastic, we loved the culture, and we were wowed numerous times by the statues and buildings all around us.  We played soccer everywhere we could, tasted the best gelato (although we haven't been to Italy yet!) and walked until our feet hurt.  I think we are all ready to move on to the quiet, sereneness of Slovenia.  We are looking forward to the hiking, cycling and exploring to come.  Can't wait!





This is a band we happened upon doing a small little concert.  The music was very European I guess but was a little out of our comfort zones!  (at one point Ella leaned over and said, This music is terrible mom!)   We had some interesting conversations on the walk home as well about their friend in the gauze wrapped face who was quite inebriated and just bumped into the other guys the whole time until he fell over.  

This is an amazing treat.  It's almost like the dough from those Pillsbury crescent rolls wrapped around a cylinder and then bbq'd.  Ours was dunked in cinnamon sugar.  So.  Good.  and totally healthy I'm sure.


Then we found this gelato place that is the number 2 rated restaurant in Budapest on trip advisor.  And rightly so.  They serve the gelato like flowers on top of your cone and it was unreal.  Mine was salted caramel on the outside and strawberry elderflower on the inside.  The chocolate one I am holding has a chunk missing because even Josie knew enough to take a swipe of it while Luke was holding her.
Isaac thoroughly enjoyed his double chocolate gelato

1 comment:

  1. So cool. Isaac, you are adorable. Love the picture of the three kids and their shoes...you all look so short (guess that's the point). Hope your drive to Slovenia goes well. Papa and I are on the count down now (25 more sleeps).

    ReplyDelete