We arrived in Northern Ireland not knowing much of what to expect. So far we have been blown away! The kids today lamented how they wish we could be here longer. The beaches are so amazing and the little towns have so much to offer. Our first 2 days have been so full. And we've loved every minute of it.
This morning we headed out to go and walk this huge rope bridge but it was closed for it's once a year maintenance! So back another day. As we started driving back we happened upon this really amazing Harbour full of pounding waves and amazing rocks. We watched the waves crash against the rocks for pretty much the whole morning. It was cool out but the sun was shining. It was so stunning. Even the rocks were amazing. There would be these pods of rocks all clumped together and they were either black or white. So beautiful.
Then we headed over to the Giant's Causeway. This is an incredible natural wonder that is truly a sight to see. You walk down this long pathway and turn a corner and then all of a sudden there are these huge interlocking columns that are so bizarre! I guess they were formed by a volcanic eruption but we like the folk tale better about 2 giants fighting over the land. Everett, for his online school, chose to retell the folk tale of the Giant's Causeway and so it was extra special for him to actually see it now.
Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds!
| Luke lined the kids up in this cave for a photo! |
| I guess a lot of Game of Thrones was filmed in N. Ireland. How I wish I loved Game of Thrones! It would've made seeing some of these sights all the more exciting! |
| Luke, the Sherpa |
| The interlocking basalt columns |
| Isaac's hair is outstanding in this photo |



That cave shot is terrific!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of Isaac's hair. Isaac, you rock. I was very surprised to see Ella standing beside the wall and not half way up it. Everett, I would love to read your story sometime about the Giant Causeway. Looks really interesting. Miss y'all.
ReplyDeleteLove your ocean, your surf, your sunshine, your beach and your causeway! So beautiful. But best of all I love the smiles on the faces of Ella & Josie, Ev & Isaac, Luke & Kathy. Miss you all.
ReplyDeleteVery cool place. I have been there too.
ReplyDeleteThe bogs seem like they are perfect footwear for this trip so far.
Amazing!
ReplyDelete