Saturday, 11 January 2014

On Our Way

We just left!  We did it!  I can't believe it. We've threatened to do this for so long and now we are on our way.  It's a mixture of emotions and everyone is responding differently.  I took a quick poll in the truck:

Ella: nervous, excited to see the new houses & eat new food, sad to leave everyone behind,
Isaac: sad to say bye to friends, nervous
Everett: sad to leave friends and Maggie, happy that we are going, glad we got packed up, nervous to meet new people
Luke: tired, thankful that we left everything behind (work, household stuff), excited to be in Holland.
Kathy: lots of anticipation (what seats will we get on the plane!? How will the jet lag go?!), extreme gratitude for friends at home, looking forward to the friends we'll meet.

I think we are all just ready to get there. We packed 6 months worth of life into 5 big duffel bags, got the house cleaned and ready for our friends to live there, and said goodbye to our dog.  Here's hoping we remembered everything!  See you on the flip side!



1 comment:

  1. For a few years now we I have dreamed about our family going away for 6 months when Luke is in grade 5 and Nichola is graduated. That is next year and coming up fast. We haven't planned anything yet and it seems so hard to organize and decide. You have once again inspired me to keep going and pursue this dream. I didn't get to see you and see beautiful Josie before you left, but I will follow your adventures and keep you in my prayer. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete